Campus is providing strategic development leadership to the international urbanest student business, in support of it establishing a new operation in Dublin, with the target of building a portfolio of up to 1,500 beds.
This will involve eventually deploying up to €130-150M of equity and debt capital into the development pipeline. Tim Mitchell is leading the internal and external professional team on the overall project, closely supported by James Childs and Mike Green of CPS.
The first site at Sir John Rogerson’s Quay overlooking The Liffey river, was secured in early 2013 and is targeted to provide c.313 bedrooms for 2015 delivery. A number of other opportunities are in hand and the work also includes:
- Continuing to evolve the Dublin investment and development strategy
- Key political stakeholder liaison to establish the need for purpose built and managed student accommodation in the City
- Identification of new sources of debt capital for the market
- New development team establishment and leadership
- Board and project-specific report presentation
- Site feasibility appraisals
- Support in the negotiation of terms for property acquisitions
- Room mix, product and brand evolution for the Dublin market
- CPS provision of quantity surveyor and design management support to the development pipeline