CDM is in a development joint venture with Yelverton Properties, specifically targeting prime student accommodation opportunities throughout the South of England.
This scheme, situated east of the City Centre in a popular student area, will comprise a c.100 bed, boutique residence together with a modern food retail store at street level.
Campus invested its capital alongside Yelverton in:
- Undertaking feasibility and development appraisals to assess project viability and the optimum development strategy
- Securing the site under option off market
- Leading the design and planning team and working up a multi-disciplined scheme solution
- Managing all aspects of the planning application process including the design development, public consultations and discussions with the planning department and key stakeholders (including English Heritage who initially objected to the scheme).
- Negotiating and securing a conditional pre-lease agreement to Tesco on institutional terms
- Securing detailed planning consent
The site was subsequently sold on to London & Cornwall and the scheme is currently earmarked for practical completion in 2013.