During 2009 and 2010, Tim Mitchell provided strategic property leadership to the international urbanest student business, in support of it establishing a new London development team.
This involved deploying part of the $360M of fresh equity capital (raised at that time in partnership with M3 Capital Partners) into ramping up urbanest’s now well-established 3,000+ bed London pipeline.
In particular, the role included:
- Developing the initial London investment and development strategy
- Investor site visits, liaison and presentations
- New development team establishment and leadership
- Board and project specific report presentation
- Site feasibility appraisals
- Support in the negotiation of terms for property acquisitions
- Room mix, product and brand evolution
- Presentations to banks, culminating in new investment and development debt facilities being secured
- Occasional strategic property investment and development advice to the wider business, including urbanest Australia.
- CPS provision of quantity surveyor and project management support to the development pipeline
2009-2010 secured transactions included urbanest Hoxton (existing 220 bed building acquisition), urbanest Tower Bridge (177 bed development completed 2012), urbanest King’s Cross (669 beds completion 2013) and urbanest St. Pancras (527 beds completion 2013).