Global Student Accommodation Group (GSA)
Led by Nicholas Porter, founder of The UNITE Group plc in 1991 and Chairman of Urbanest, GSA is the first truly global leader in student accommodation, providing communities for students in the best real estate and university markets worldwide.
In addition to supporting the continued growth of Urbanest in London, Australia and Dublin, GSA has operations in Dubai and Hong Kong. Tim Mitchell of Campus also acts as CEO, Europe & UK.
The business is in the process of establishing a new operation in Dubai in hand with its UAE-based JV partners, to be managed under the GSA uninest student accommodation brand. Our work associated with this project includes:
- Support to GSA in developing the initial UAE investment and development strategy
- JV partner site visits, liaison and presentations
- Local team establishment
- Support in the negotiation of terms for property acquisitions
- Room mix, product and brand evolution reflecting local cultural considerations
- CPS provision of quantity surveyor and concept design management support to the ramp-up of the development on the first site which will provide c.430 beds close to Dubai International Academic City for completion in 2015.
In addition to the Middle East, strategic support has been given to the plans for growth into other markets including the Far East.