Campus Development Management and Yelverton Properties worked in partnership to deliver a complex enabling development involving both a high quality student accommodation scheme and a state of the art cricket pavilion for Exeter Cricket Club, at the Devon County Ground.
The 159-bed scheme, situated opposite the University of Exeter’s Streatham Campus on Prince of Wales Road sits alongside the historic Exeter Cricket Club ground. A key component of the overall transaction was the delivery of the club’s new pavilion which helped secure the club’s long-term future.
The development of both the pavilion and student accommodation followed the complex and sensitive design and planning process involving public consultations and extensive dialogue with interested parties including the St James’ Forum.
In addition to high quality cluster flats and studio apartments, the scheme provides outstanding ground floor communal facilities and a heavily landscaped courtyard overlooking the cricket ground. Campus and Yelverton directly invested in:
- Securing the site under a conditional contract.
- Leading the design and planning teams
- Managing all aspects of the planning application process including the design development, public consultations and planning discussions with the planning department and local stakeholders
- Securing detailed planning after intensive stakeholder consultations
- Development managing the scheme to completion
After detailed discussions, due diligence and structuring, Campus and Yelverton entered into a forward funding arrangement with their funding partner, Curlew Capital. The funding arrangement and relationship worked smoothly and successfully throughout the construction period and resulted in the scheme being handed over, fully pre-let, in July 2016.